The Journey To My Child Begins With The First Step

I am a single woman taking the journey to my child. What started out an international journey has lead me back to America by way of domestic adoption. Adopting from: USA - Stage in Process: Homestudy complete- State of Residence: California - Agency: Heartsent

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Home Sweet Home


First off, I love my bed. How I missed it so. Our flight back was blissful, only a little bumpy as the weather was rainy in spots and aparently flying through clouds is a bumpy road. The pilot even said, sorry about the turbulence, we didn't see it coming. My trip ended on a terrific note. Andrea from the agency called and GRANDMA"S PRINTS CLEARED. I am heading down there today to hand deliver a cable change notice (since I changed from Guatemala to Vietnam). I already submitted one to the CIS, but they need a hard copy for there records. I am so excited, I'm back to nesting and I love it.

On to the trip...I took more than 350 pictures and the fall colors are great. We saw a lot of lighthouses which I love, the ship was really nice (Carnival wasn't ads bad as I thought. It was super cheap, but the service was really good and our room was always clean. The food was super yummy and the excersions were great, overall I was really pleased). About 4-5 days into the cruise my mom finally felt better, I'm telling you this was the sickest she's been in 30 years or more, it was really bad, thankfully she is feeling much better, she just needs to build her lungs up now so she doesn't catch anything else-ever! When we got in into New York we even saw Will Smith filiming a movie (I didn't have my camera ready and he ran around the corner once I could have taken a picture. I realize I take some really good photos while I'm driving. I'll attached just a few so you don't spend all day, but here ya go. (We started off in Newark and then left out of the port on NY stopped at Boston, Portand, Halifax (where I bought the cute baby blanket, mittens and booties), and St. John and then back to spend a few days in NY. An overall wonderful, much needed trip, now, onto unpacking and laundry.)


2 Comments:

  • At 6:39 AM , Blogger Dianna said...

    Sounds like a fabulous vacation. Welcome back! And I LOVE those little booties :)

     
  • At 10:01 AM , Blogger saucygoat said...

    That is wonderful. I'm so glad that you had such a good, relaxing time and came home to such fabulous news!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home