The Journey To My Child Begins With The First Step

I am a single woman taking the journey to my child. What started out an international journey has lead me back to America by way of domestic adoption. Adopting from: USA - Stage in Process: Homestudy complete- State of Residence: California - Agency: Heartsent

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Good News?!?!?

Who knew it was possible, I actually received some decent news from the agency. Andrea, the coordinator hasn't received anything in hand yet, but according to the automated system, g-ma's fingerprints have been reviewed. Hopefully that means they have been rejected a customary second time and that a background check has been completed. This is the final piece missing to complete my homestudy. My SW called to review my information and to make sure nothing has changed, she then said she wanted to make the age range from birth-24 months. I was a little put off by this because I really want a baby not a 22 month old referral. I think it sounds a little selfish, but I want the first teeth and first steps and ba ba ba's and da da ma ma's. She said she would change it from 24 months to 12 months. I just know me and I don't think I could turn down a referral and think that I would be the sole person responsible for not giving a child a home because I wanted a baby. Oh, well, it's not that big of a deal, I'm just fixating over it for nothing. Andrea also said that she is sending out some info to get me started on the dossier. She sent out info for me to complete that does not expire. So far she is hearing that the CIS is taking about 2 weeks to process homestudies and give fingerprinting appointments, and even with my g-ma's prints needing to be done twice I could have my I-171H in 2 months from submission of my homestudy. That would be really nice. Maybe I will have a referral by the first of December instead of the last of December. We'll see. It was just nice to hear some good news on the adoption front.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home