The Journey To My Child Begins With The First Step

I am a single woman taking the journey to my child. What started out an international journey has lead me back to America by way of domestic adoption. Adopting from: USA - Stage in Process: Homestudy complete- State of Residence: California - Agency: Heartsent

Friday, September 15, 2006

Hospital Visits

What a day! I awoke to my mother saying she could no longer deal with the pain and she thought she needed me to take her to the hospital. Let me tell you, when you hear this out of a dead sleep your heart is beating out of your chest. This is also coming from the woman that takes Tylenol 3 times a year or less and hasn't been to the hospital in about 35 years. I tried to rub her back and after just a few moments I brushed my teeth and we were on our way. I feel so bad, because I am so money focused with this adoption that I did not want to call 9-1-1 and have them charge some crazy amount per mile. (We live way too far from the hospital for that.) I also realized I kinda like driving 60+ miles an hour down every two-land road in town with an excuse ('my mom needs to go to the hospital'). This overall was not such a great idea because the roads are so bumpy and uneven that the whole way to the hospital she was moaning and groaning. I felt TERRIBLE. We spent a good 7 hours in the ER to find out that, after the second CT scan, there was nothing showing up. The doctor gave her a prescription for pain pills and sent us on our way. "Come back tomorrow if your not feeling better and we'll run some more tests." That was the end of the doctors advice. It was nice to know there were not operating, but still a little concerning that the pain medication helps her to be able to walk, but she is still not feeling well at all. The doctor thinks it may be some kind of virus or infection in her stomach (and no, she hasn't had any of that tainted E-Coli spinach). She has an appointment tomorrow with a doctor friend of ours, so we will see what 'magic' he can preform to help her feel better. I ask for your prayers and hopefully all of us will have a good/better weekend.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger saucygoat said...

    oh no! What a scary thing to go through. I'll be sending prayers and good thoughts your way. Hope everything turns out well.

     
  • At 12:19 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    Does not sound like a good day at all....I am sorry to hear that the ER was so un-helpful (is that a word?). Of course you have my prayers for your mom! please update and let us know how she is doing.

     
  • At 5:18 PM , Blogger Corey said...

    Hope your Mom is feeling better!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home