The Journey To My Child Begins With The First Step

I am a single woman taking the journey to my child. What started out an international journey has lead me back to America by way of domestic adoption. Adopting from: USA - Stage in Process: Homestudy complete- State of Residence: California - Agency: Heartsent

Thursday, September 21, 2006

I should delete the last entry

Sometimes no news is good news and ignorance is bliss. I got a call from Andrea and she wanted to give me an update on g-ma's prints. I knew it wasn't good when she started out saying I know you of all people don't want to hear this but. What kind of into is that? Apparently the one person at the DOJ that handles the prints has been out of town for 2 weeks (how nice, a vacation) so Andrea received a call that everyone who submitted prints has been delayed 8-10 weeks!!!! What the? Two and a half months before I possibly hear any update. I am so deflated right now. Fortunately Andrea has talked to the lady at the DOJ a lot and the woman even knows my case as soon as Andrea calls (I guess at a time like this, that is a good thing), so the DOJ lady returns on Monday and Andrea said she will call her by Wednesday or Thursday and see if she can set a priority (please God, I hope so) and then we'll see. I told Andrea I am going to be out of town the first two weeks in October so I will call her when I return, I don't want to hear anything until then. Hopefully her response will be that they have mailed everything off and I will be awaiting a fingerprinting appointment to complete my coveted I-171H. I know I am feeling disappointed because all I want to do is sleep. (I get very avoidant when things are stressful.) That and I have been constant caregiver to my mom while she slowly recovers from the flu from HELL. Part of me thinks at least I will know what it's like to have a sick child in the house. I wake up everything she has her coughing fits and/or vomiting issues and then I spend all day running the home preschool. I will be so very thankful when October gets here. Come on vacation!!! (We are taking an East Coast cruise up to Canada, that should be nice.) This vacation marks a huge milestone in 'The Wait' I will be glad when it begins and even gladder (if that's even a word) when it's over. I just want to proceed and have a face to go with the name. Dear universe, I would really like my referral now, please. I would even settle for a fingerprinting appointment.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

    argh! how frustrating for you!!! keeping fingers and toes crossed that this fingerprinting fiasco gets resolved SOON!!!!
    hang in there!

     
  • At 12:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    urgh...i just waited 4 months for my stupid I-171H. Hang in there...it will happen eventually!
    Emily

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home