The Journey To My Child Begins With The First Step

I am a single woman taking the journey to my child. What started out an international journey has lead me back to America by way of domestic adoption. Adopting from: USA - Stage in Process: Homestudy complete- State of Residence: California - Agency: Heartsent

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Updates

Not much new around here. I received word from my agency that I need to have CPA notarize a form letter that estimates my upcoming years income from my newly licensed home daycare. Grrr. Just when it looks like everything is going to be nearly done there is one more thing. (Just remembered I need to fax to the agency proof that gma was fingerprinted (TWICE). I am silently cursing the day when, to complete the I-171H, I have to get g-ma fingerprinted twice in San Fran. (nearly an hour away, if there is no traffic). Oh well. Back to calling local CPA's tomorrow. They seem to have the nicest hours, 8-4 M-F. Oh, well, I'll keep you posted.
----------
In other news, I added the ticker to the top of my blog. I have always, even before I switched to Vietnam, hoped that I would be with my baby by March 15th. I don't want to jinx it, but I do hope that date is true.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:09 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

    My agency has said an extimated 2-4 month after referral to travel. Right now they have families completing their dossiers and no referral, so I don't know. I have kind of a hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst, kind of thought about it. I have made no request for sex, but expect a boy.

     
  • At 6:08 AM , Blogger RollerCoaster said...

    I am a CPA and you realize CPA stands for Constant Pain in the Ass, right? I am sorry you have to get this extra work done to have your child. I do hope your March 15 "deadline" works out and you can bring a child home soon! Your child!

     
  • At 11:20 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

    Nina, that is too funny. I have contacted every CPA in the phonebook and some are downright rude. I understand not wanting to take an unnecessary risk upon yourself, but you can be nice about it. One lady told me if I had her write a letter for me it would cost $1000 just to get started. I said, well then no thanks. Oh well, people will be people.

     
  • At 2:44 PM , Blogger Emily said...

    ha ha...i love the mug.
    it is annoying to constantly answering that question. i just need a tape recorded message that i can play back....we are still waiting......:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home