The Journey To My Child Begins With The First Step

I am a single woman taking the journey to my child. What started out an international journey has lead me back to America by way of domestic adoption. Adopting from: USA - Stage in Process: Homestudy complete- State of Residence: California - Agency: Heartsent

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Weekly Updates and Breastfeeding

I did finish the CPA letters. Yikes, that was pricey. I then received a call from Andrea at the agency that she has called the DOJ and they have no record of my g-ma's fingerprints even being done. What! Yeah, no record. G-ma has had them done twice by the mobile fingerprinting people (mfp). They (the mfp), have called the DOJ, after my not so nice message to them. And hopefully I will have some answers by Monday (Andrea left early on Thursdy and was not in the office Friday). This is now the only thing I need to move on and get a fingerprinting appointment so I can finally have my I-171h. I really wish this wasn't so difficult, especially so early on.

I'm also done with people asking me, "sooooo, how is the adoption thing going?!?" I just want to carry around this mug. (The writing in red says, thanks for pointing that out.) I'm kind of tired of answering questions. This ia why I didn't want anyone to know (except for my closest friends and family) until I had a referral. That was my original goal, and quite honestly, the next time I adopt that is the plan I am going to follow. It's so much easier to just be frustrated with the process and not have people keep bringing it up over and over and over again.

In other news. I have decided that I want to breastfeed the baby. I think I am still on the fence a little, but the only thing holding me back would be their age. If I get a young referral (less than 3 or 4 monts) I will definately breastfeed, but if the referral is 5 months or older and I may not travel for 3 months, I probably won't. I have been reading a thousand and one sites on adoptive breastfeeding (abf). Since I had a ton (and still do) questions I went to http://fourfriends.com/abrw/faqs.htm and http://breast-feeding.adoption.com/ (there is so much information here, it is mind-boggeling). It really sounds like it's the best thing for the baby, I just don't want to stress about it and I am not even going to start pumping until I get a referral. I have been reading, of course, more blogs such as milkshake: http://adoptivebreastfeeding.wordpress.com/ and an elephant's gestation: http://imhk.blogspot.com/2006/07/water-from-stone.html. I'm fully against all the pill and drug usage, so I'll have to just pump and see how successful that is. Some is still better than nothing and if the baby is really young, I think it may latch on easier. At first I really wasn't ready for the reation of friends and family, but so far everyone (that matters anyway) has been really for the idea. They want my baby as healty as possible and they don't at all think it's weird. Gosh, I have such great friends.

While I'm on a roll, here are some more super cute sayings and shirts from www.cafepress.com (I did a search for 'infant adoption' and 'paper pregnant'). Okay, blogger won't let me post, I've have to try again later.


3 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM , Blogger saucygoat said...

    Good for you in deciding to (maybe) breastfeed! I've been doing it for 2.5 years, and I'm considering it for our next child also. I hope that things go well for you.

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger Diane said...

    Where did you get that mug from? I would love to know, and purchase one for myself, and one for my husband.
    Thanks for any information!
    Diane (and Bill)

     
  • At 12:01 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

    I saw the mug on cafepress.com. Do a search under child adoption and you should be able to see it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home