The Journey To My Child Begins With The First Step

I am a single woman taking the journey to my child. What started out an international journey has lead me back to America by way of domestic adoption. Adopting from: USA - Stage in Process: Homestudy complete- State of Residence: California - Agency: Heartsent

Saturday, October 28, 2006

I refuse to change my ticker

Today I completed my fingerprints, virtually pain free, except there was metered parking and I had to scrounge, like under seats and in random car pockets, for enough change to feed the meter. I was so worried that this seemingly simple event would be disappointing by receiving a parking ticket, but THANKFULLY, I had enough change and then some. Thank goodness, that was a really close one.

Onto the title of this entry: I know that my countdown is cutting very close (I know, too close), but I refuse to change it until I have a questioned for anything, I-171H, referral, TA, anything. I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be in VN by the middle of Spring, but I hope to have a referral by then so at least I will know who my child is, even if I haven't met them yet. My friends in Southern California are planning on throwing a baby shower at the end of January, middle of February, so it would be nice to be able to tell people the gender of my child, have a name picked out a photo or two also. It just seems so fake without the referral. Again, this is why I wanted the adoption to be on a need-to-know-basis. Oh well, maybe next time.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM , Blogger Dianna said...

    Congrats on that fingerprinting appointment! We did ours last week too :)

    I understand about things seeming 'fake'. I can't wait to be on our agency's waiting list and know that I'm number "whatever" on the list. THEN it's going to seem real.

    We'll get there! Honest, we will :)

     
  • At 5:41 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

    hang in there, your gonna make it! I, too, wish we had not talked to as many people we did about the adoption- we have people ask us everytime they see us when we are going to get our baby. I feel like making one giant announcement with a bullhorn: "I know you all mean well and care about us, but please know that this is a long process and it will be at least a year before this adoption is completed."(well, ok I wish I had not blabbered so much, R has not been so blabbery)
    Here's hoping that you get your referral before the baby shower! Miracles do happen, sometimes!

     
  • At 6:31 AM , Blogger RollerCoaster said...

    Congrats on getting the fingerprints done! We decided to tell just those close to us and now I am glad since we were given an 8 month until referral wait with our agency! I hope yours is quicker than that and that your ticker doesn't need to get changed one bit!

     
  • At 7:17 AM , Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

    That's so funny that you say that; we got a parking ticket while we were getting our fingerprinting done! Well, my DH did. :-)
    Good luck on a quick turn-around!!

     
  • At 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I had several baby showers while waiting for our referral from China. Believe me, there is nothing fake about it. You are a mommy you just haven't met your child yet. I mean, people have baby showers when they are pregnant right? I hope your 171 comes back in record time! We are on week 8 waiting on ours (in TN).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home