The Journey To My Child Begins With The First Step

I am a single woman taking the journey to my child. What started out an international journey has lead me back to America by way of domestic adoption. Adopting from: USA - Stage in Process: Homestudy complete- State of Residence: California - Agency: Heartsent

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Friday was a GREAT day

I checked the mail last night and was gleeful to see my fingerprint appointments in there. I can go as early as Tuesday at 8am. Unfortunately I have to work and that is too short of notice to go and get them done. The offices are open Tue-Sat 8-3:30 so I will be at USCIS at approximately 8:01 next Saturday morning. I am so excited. That took less than a week, since they just got my completed homestudy last Friday. Let's hope this is the start of more progress.
In the mail my mom and I also were invited to my cousins wedding. She is my dad's brothers daughter and I thought that may be weird, but my dad isn't going (he left my mom and I on 1/1/04, it's a long, emotional story), so it felt really nice to be invited, it's in December and the reception is going to be held at a vineyard. Sounds nice.
Friday was definatly a good mail day.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:22 PM , Blogger Michelle McGriff said...

    How exciting about the baby. I guess I didn't realize you were actually going to Viet Nam to gather your bundle of joy up. Exciting and scary but then that's life I think.
    Yes I got the invite as well, however, my schedule isn't going to allow for me to attend. I'm going to take the gift card suggestion I got on the little card-- Pier One I'm thinking. I think that will be a nice gift...better than a couple of tired Oregonians (Your other Aunt and myself) all soggy from the probable rain storm that will be occuring that day.
    The weather here is just like way too easy to predict! HA!
    Well, I know your mind is on getting the baby and you've had well over the customary 9 months to prepare, so i'm sure you are you more than really ready!

     
  • At 12:08 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    That is great news!!! Congrats! and what a quick turnaround! Things are definitel looking up in your world.

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is a big step!
    Congrats!

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

    Yay for fingerprinting appt's!

     
  • At 11:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hope you have a super speedy I-171!! we are scheduled to go to Viet Nam the second half of this month!
    Corey

     
  • At 11:11 AM , Blogger saucygoat said...

    I love fabulous mail days!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home