The Journey To My Child Begins With The First Step

I am a single woman taking the journey to my child. What started out an international journey has lead me back to America by way of domestic adoption. Adopting from: USA - Stage in Process: Homestudy complete- State of Residence: California - Agency: Heartsent

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Taking a break

I finished my letter to CIS asking for a postponement of the fingerprints for g-ma and my mom. The doctors are saying that once my mom gets home (hopefully by Tuesday), she'll need to stay in for at least 4-6 weeks. I have requested that the new fingerprinting appointments be sometime after January 1st. This is really hard, because now, with my new calculations/assumptions, I may not be in Vietnam until August. That seems like almost a year away! I am VERY disappointed. I don't want to shift blame to anyone, but I wish we would have realized the severity of my mom's health weeks ago and most likely I would be preparing my dossier items instead of sitting here typing this. I want to just break down and cry, but no good would come of it. I will be spending the next two months cleaning, nesting and organizing this house, as well as working my butt off to make some money around here, since my mom will be very limited in what she can do for work. Let's home I can literally work my butt off and my thighs as well. That would be a nice little treat.
I'll 'see' you in two months, oh, and I'll be reading your blogs, hoping to hear wonderful travel news. :)

7 Comments:

  • At 5:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I Hope this doen't post twice. I am so sorry to hear about your Mom and you having to postpone your fingerprint appts. I know how hard it is to have to wait to see your baby. Maybe this is Gods way of saying your baby isn't ready for you yet. I will be praying for you and your family that things start to look up for you all. Take care.


    Stephanie

     
  • At 9:08 AM , Blogger saucygoat said...

    I'm so sorry that you've had this delay. Just focus on your mom's health for right now, and know that one day we'll all be reading wonderful news on your blog.

     
  • At 7:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Nesting Girl. I hear you on the waiting.
    Yours in good company!

     
  • At 10:08 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

    I hate to hear about this delay. We will miss you while you nest and clean. I hope your mom gets better quickly.

     
  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Dianna said...

    Well look at it this way... since I'm waiting for a baby girl and will probably be waiting for a while, maybe we can meet in Vietnam and hang out! :)

    I know this is devastating news for you. I'll keep you in my thoughts. And if you run out of cleaning and organizing at your house, stop by mine!!!

     
  • At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Best wishes with your busy work and sending you good vibes.

     
  • At 5:10 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

    just checking in on ya and seeing how the nesting is going. I trust your mom is on the mend and things are evening out for you. We just now sent in our 1600A, so who knows, we may be traveling to Vietnam at the same time...although I think for us it will be more like NEXT Christmas.....
    take care, girlfriend. I will be waiting to post a big "WELCOME BACK" when you return to blog land!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home