The Journey To My Child Begins With The First Step

I am a single woman taking the journey to my child. What started out an international journey has lead me back to America by way of domestic adoption. Adopting from: USA - Stage in Process: Homestudy complete- State of Residence: California - Agency: Heartsent

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Has it really been this long?

Well here is the latest timeline update I have:
June 15th 3:30-4:30 Natalie the SW came for her home visit
June 20th 1:00 Last Insurance Exam (yeah!!! We passed)
June 22nd G-ma's fingerprints from traveling fingerprints completed
Supposed to have a doctors appointment today, the doctor cancelled. :(
The cancellation of my appointment really set me back emotionally. The only day they had to reschedule me is August the 29th. Yes, 2 months later!!! This is the only thing I am missing to complete my homestudy. During this same time we found out that my mothers credit score dropped and mine isn't high enough either. This has delayed us in refinancing the house which is the funding for the adoption. At this point in time I am looking into adopting from Belize because they have very low country fees. You have to do a lot of the leg work yourself and that seems a little daunting, but it is an English speaking country which at least helps for the communication factor.
July 8th 1:30-3:30ish Babies in Hotels Class in Orinda (Guatemala, Eastern Europe and Ethiopia specific)
As my mom said, 'Every time I go to one of these classes it really starts to seem real.' I couldn't agree more. One of the couples that is adopting from Guatemala received there referral a little over a week ago and the wife emailed me pictures. He is so adorable and, of course, it made me cry because I am only a couple of weeks behind them, well I was, so I would have been receiving my referral pretty soon as well. This is just such an emotional journey. Sometimes it seems like maybe it's not even worth it and then before those words even pass your lips, you think, YES IT IS!!! It is just really hard to wait and feel like you are not getting anywhere; and fast.
July 11th Called the Doctor's office to see if they can squeeze me in for an appointment.
Last night I read an email from the agency Yahoo group about Vietnam. They are apparently open, I didn't even know they were closed. There country fee is a lot lower and the process is a lot faster. I emailed my agency last night to get more info. This would be a blessing and I feel a lot more confident about this than Belize. I am within the age requirements and actually starting to get really excited about finding my son (or daughter) in Vietnam. Hopefully I will have better news and a lot sooner.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:13 AM , Blogger kim said...

    Hello,

    Did you ever make a decision about Belize? Where did you get your informaiton about adopting from Belize. We are considering it too.

    Best wishes where ever you decide to adopt from. Can Wait to see pictures.

    Kim
    kjoyr814@gmail.com

     
  • At 2:35 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

    For now I decided against it. It would be independent (in a sense). I looked up info from the Belize human services, they send you info and then after reviewing everything (your homestudy and all completed forms) they then send you a packet of children that match your request and after accepting a referral you contact a lawyer. It doesn't sound too complicated, but I need to work with the agency I have and I think I would/will feel more confident after completing my first adoption.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home