The Journey To My Child Begins With The First Step

I am a single woman taking the journey to my child. What started out an international journey has lead me back to America by way of domestic adoption. Adopting from: USA - Stage in Process: Homestudy complete- State of Residence: California - Agency: Heartsent

Friday, January 05, 2007

Ok, my agency doesn't do it all

Apparently 'the board', whoever this is, doesn't want my agency doing anymore domestic adoptions so I do have to go with the other agency. It's really frustrating to loose another week waiting when I could have actually been doing something. This is not the update I wanted to get this morning. Once my agency gives me a current copy of my international homestudy, I will then forward that and the new agency's application fee to them and then I start a whole new process. It sounds as though a lot of my information can simply be associate with them, such as fingerprints or they can use my most recent copy, such as medical information, reference letters and the like. I hope they truly can get my homestudy done in a week. I have read of many families out there who have been able to get their international HS done in a week, so why not me? It's time something happens with great speed, even if it is something simple like my HS. It also sounds like my longest wait is going to come from the other state and however long their process takes including if I am among other families being considered for this child. (Even though I want ever child to have a home, I want this one to have my home be their forever home, not someone else's.) I joined a couple new Yahoo groups, there aren't too many out there for what I'm looking into, Domestic and Interstate adoption, who knows, once this is done, maybe I'll start one. Maybe I'll just let a whole week go by and surprise everyone with some great news. The new agency director had said that once he receives the copy of my Int'l HS he will call the waiting child's state and see how they need/want the D. HS worded and then he can do his 3 visits and write it the way they need it written. Finally, someone sounds like they are on top of it. This new agency may work out for me in the long run since they seem to know what they are doing.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM , Blogger Dianna said...

    Wow - so much has been happening! I just checked your site tonight for the first time in ages and I'm so excited for you. I'll be following along and keeping my fingers crossed :)

     
  • At 6:35 PM , Blogger saucygoat said...

    Sorry to hear your old agency doesn't do domestic anymore. Crossing my fingers that your new agency is speady with the homestudy.

     
  • At 5:40 AM , Blogger Ange said...

    I hope everything works out well with the new agency, and fast!

     
  • At 4:53 AM , Blogger RollerCoaster said...

    I hope all works out with this agency so you can get your little girl! I am so glad to see you "back"!

     
  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

    WOW! A totally different thing then I was expecting when I opened your page for the firs time in a couple months! But lady, it's been a whole MONTH since your last update! What's going on with the agency thing, and this little girl you were talking about?? I want details!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home