The Journey To My Child Begins With The First Step

I am a single woman taking the journey to my child. What started out an international journey has lead me back to America by way of domestic adoption. Adopting from: USA - Stage in Process: Homestudy complete- State of Residence: California - Agency: Heartsent

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

1st Social Worker visit and then some...

How exciting...I'm meeting my social worker (SW), Natalie, for the first time next week. Wednesday night at 5:30. I am hoping I have no reason to get all weepy. I don't want to get into the 'ugly cry.' I also met with the insurance guy today so I can get some health insurance which I need to have in order to submit forms to the US government to show proof that the baby will be insured as well. Also, I had a mobile fingerprinting agency come out today to take all of our fingerprints. The whole time I'm thinking this is great, they are mobile, how terrific, they come to you how great. Boy was I wrong! What a hassle this ended up being. I thought it would be a small blessing that they are mobile so we don't have to get my 84 year old grandmother out of the house. They had some serious issues with their machine. They weren't able to get my grandmothers fingerprints AT ALL and they weren't able to get a few of my mothers fingers. (That can't be right.) Mine, of course, ended up fine, which still doesn't help the situation as this is one more thing that needs to be completed before I can proceed. Fortunately I foresee many bumps along the road and I should be happy that at least these aren't major and eventually everything will turn out fine. They finally left, but will be back next week to recheck my grandmothers. (God help us, so these go through!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home